Sound the alarm! We've somehow reached teenagerdom without parental consent.
While I would be justified in woeful wallowing over this truth, the reality is that I'm enjoying this stage with you. Of course we have things to work on--listening skills, communication skills. Mostly listening skills. ;) But overall you are a sweet-natured girl who cares for others in a big-hearted way.
You still LOVE to illustrate and write. You compose these amazing delightful songs on the piano that make my heart sing. You still like to play outside--4 Square with the neighbor kids, or experimenting with homemade chalk based paint in the "science lab" that you kids have under the deck. Your favorite subject in school is probably anything but math. (Although your math grades have made huge strides this year!) You love doing anything with the junior high group at church and hanging out with those sweet friends. But you are also a friend to you siblings--even your brothers on occasion. It is a joy knowing that I have competent help at home, holding down the fort when I'm gone. Recently when your dad and I had an evening out, we came home to an immaculate kitchen and living room--all your idea.
I'm seeing such good qualities in your young heart and generous spirit. May the Lord continue to grow and mold you for His purposes. And may His will matter the most in your life. We love you and are so proud of you, Baby Girl.



1 comment:
<3
Post a Comment