A few shots from our little camping getaway last weekend. After heading to Mahoney to swim at the waterpark, we left for another tiny state park that had available campsites...And Memphis Park just happened to be right next to my in-laws' farm. So we enjoyed a visit from them and a little grill-out meal together. Jude also went on a pivot-check with Grandpa. Here are the kids roasting marshmallows:
Family shot
Andy with his brother Mike:
Morning sunshine on the lake:
Jada with her radiant bed-head and dirty face. She was the last to go to sleep (despite her missed nap), serenading us all to her rendition of Nighttime Kitty Cat.
The good night's sleep left Calvin well-rested and level-headed:
Getting ready for our hike:
We hiked down an old railway line right along side the lake.
The geese were wisely steering clear when they saw Calvin enter the scene.
A little play time at the playground
We uncovered this little nugget of state history. They used to harvest the frozen ice off of this man-made lake and cut it into large cubes for people to bury in an underground ice box, insulated in straw, to keep food cool. Didn't you ever wonder what people did before fridges were invented?
An extra shot on the camera of the kids biking in the rain this morning, all goggled and ready to go.
Hope your weekend was fun and dry too. ;)













3 comments:
Your camping looks fun. *LOL* to the goggled bicycle riders!!
How fun! We have yet to set up the tent this summer--goodness the days are flying!! I love finding a little bit of history along the way, and I've never heard or Memphis Park. I heard Lincoln got a decent rain--sadly all the dry-land corn is gone out here. :o(
I think I need to know the exact spot you camped at- looks lovely!
Post a Comment