We've finally enjoyed a couple weeks at a slower pace after months and months of what felt like break-neck speed. Perhaps the intense kindergarten year with my intense kindergartener...and a few other kiddos at high-maintenance stages. But these last 2 weeks of being able to be home 4 or so days has felt like restful bliss:
That extra time to take care of necessary housework, along with a few organization projects:
Time to do a little reading for fresh inspiration...it's felt like a vacation.
But we're still having fun making messes.
And performing stunts of this nature: an open container of almonds balanced upside-down on one's head. You can imagine how well this one turned out.
Another Calvinism: carrying on his Grandpa's unconventional cutting tradition on our chocolate-chip baked oats for breakfast.
And a few more random shots of the little miss: hairdo courtesy of Cami, facial expression courtesy of the bad attitude we've been working through with our almost-2-year-old.
And here she is prancing away in her would-be pumps...
We're counting down these last 19 days of the school year, and looking forward 3 upcoming birthdays and summer just around the corner. Hope you're having a great week too! ;)








2 comments:
Your title made me laugh as I just read that passage in Ecc. this morning. ;o) I completely identify with the end-of-school-year need to organize. And read inspiring books--I think summertime is the perfect time to get "filled up" with new ideas!
Love Calvin's method for cutting and commiserate on the littlest one having a not-so-good attitude . . .
Oh, and I forgot to add, love your little shelf organization--I think I purchased those exact baskets (Target?) for my laundry room. ;o)
Post a Comment