Monday, March 4, 2013

fins, feathers and fonix

The replacements.
These poor unsuspecting fish have no idea how their life expectancy shortened when they entered our household.
Some cheerful winter visitors...a "Mr. & Mrs." set of cardinals: 
 And my big boy is reading!  --mostly just sounding out words.  He is willing to work through these simple B.O.B. books (amazing reading tool)--although he relies heavily on the pictures...but he's doing it.  I'm hoping his love of books will stick.  He's showing interest in writing letters a bit too...I'm thinking I'll have an easy home-pre-school year with him next year.
Happy {almost} Spring!  Hope the sun hangs around...

3 comments:

Janna said...

Poor fishies. Lovely birdies. And yay for Jude--that is AWESOME!!

Kathryn said...

It's been 5 days since your posting--hope the fishies are still doing swimmingly! :) And *yay* for reading. Love those Bob books!

Brooke said...

Go Jude! We love the B.O.B. books here too. Best wishes to the fishes! :-)