So you've maybe noticed (all 4 of you that read this blog) that I've only been updating sporadically lately...I'm not sure what to blame it on, other than the demands of everyday life taking over, and more urgent needs to tend to. Attitudes have been intense around here--perhaps from my high-strung Kindergartener, or that awful time change that I'm definitely boycotting next time around...and perhaps from the almost-but-not-quite sicknesses and catching up on kids' rest that seems to be an ongoing project. And I'll confess to being somewhat half-hearted with our Nativity activities. But we've still been celebrating Christmas, reading a few books together, playing some wild games of Nativity Go Fish...and doing other things like our after school tea party:
Our frozen water globes, (or "basketballs" according to Jada), which were much prettier and glossier after they melted a bit. Balloons filled with water, food coloring and glitter. Then freeze & peel:
And the kids have all been busy coming up with their own creations...here are Cami's popsicle stick ballerinas (they've been learning about The Nutcracker ballet at school):
Calvin, with his slightly creepy one-man-band, held together by masking tape. Harmonica, cymbals, and his shirt, which apparently only needs to be covering the front half of his body:
He also felt the need to straighten his hair and rid himself of his curly top by dumping a bucket of water on his head while fully clothed.
Jude still loves monsters...
And just this morning told me, "My hands are full, so just put the cheese in my mouth." ...an accurate representation of his priorities.
Jada has been jabbering and talking more, saying new words regularly, and once in awhile can be found teething on a really dirty dishrag. She loves to remove her socks and put them on like mittens:
She's taken coloring lessons from Jude and now knows how to scribble (on the floor, not on paper of course.) And she has a contagious squealy laugh.
During little moments like these I often catch myself wanting to put the pause button on life...and even with the bad attitude days that necessitate heavy disciplining...when I'm longing for some growing up to happen, I know that when it comes, these precious and childishly entertaining things they do will be gone too. So I'll aim to enjoy the 'todays' of life and be thankful for what the Lord brings. And some early bedtimes wouldn't hurt either.






2 comments:
We've had a resurgence of bad attitudes too . . . you might be onto something with boycotting the time change (as that seems to have been when the grouchiness descended here as well--it was either that or Josh being gone because of wrestling practice). But I love seeing all the creative things your bunch is up too (LOL at Calvin--that is something else!!)
Count me as one of the 4 that read your blog. :) (I'm sure there are more that tune in for your fun updates) I am struggling with keeping my blog up to date also as it often is one of those "extras" that just doesn't get done.
Your busy crew is adorable and I'll be praying for your diligence in mothering them and training them in the Lord......and also for a few early bedtimes. ;)
Post a Comment