Thursday, June 9, 2011

pink hair and a blue ribbon

Because our at-home circus was not enough for them--
And because they needed more inspiration for entertaining stunt work and injury-prone tricks, the big kids got to go with Dad to a real one...it was quite the night.
Cami and Calvin are best friends and are together most of the time. I've even assigned Cami to teach Calvin to read (he's already been DVD-educated on all his letters & sounds)..how's that for lazy parenting? (Although I prefer to think of it as time-efficient.) He's still not getting the whole sounding-out-a-word thing, but we're working on it...
At the end of the session, Cami awarded him with the highly-coveted Reading Ribbon, as big as the smile on his face.
Hooray for summer learning!

1 comment:

Janna said...

That ribbon is so cute! All you have to do is train your oldest well and it will trickle down. ;o) I wouldn't worry too much about Calvin reading, I'm certain he has an excellent start, and while I know it's not always the case I've found my boys to be later than the girls in this area (plus there's that whole birth order thing where I'm just too busy to be an over-achiever anymore). ;o)