Apparently we've been having way too much fun around here for blogging lately, since I can't seem to get to it (or even think of it) regularly...not to mention uploading photos.
Our little pink peach has been entertaining us endlessly with her dreamy-sweet expressions, sleepy smiles, and ability to pass out in a warm sleep in the most awkward position...I'm treasuring up all these little bits of sweetness...I know someday I'll look back and sigh longingly to experience it again. But these are the sweetest of memories.
Jada has had no shortage of attention around here. The boys are constantly making me nervous with their bouncing and lack 0f finesse, and sometimes trying to lift her or show her affection in a less-than-gentle way. And the other night all three had a turn in giving her a bit of her first bottle.
...and then there was our little mini portrait session that was interrupted by too many eager hands that couldn't resist our real-life dolly...
*snuggles with Daddy*
She is still sleeping incredibly well, pretty consistantly waking up at 6:30 or so, with a random early-bird hunger craving. We have it pretty easy--she is one happy babe.
Things I don't want to forget:
-tiny little sighs, grunts and sometimes snorts. ;)
-eyes rolling around when she can't stand staying awake any longer
-wondering at the miracle of life--God is amazing!
-studying wrinkles in tiny feet and her unique footprint
-her pecking at anything that touches her cheek (she has a strong rooting reflex)
-getting caught up in her huge baby smile that always seems to break out after feeding
-little burps..and sometimes loud and gushing burps of too-much-at-once snarf sessions
-seeing her bright eyes looking around trying to take it all in
-her contentness in listening to Daddy's voice talking to her
-rubbing her soft baby hair
-l-0-n-g bedtime feedings to the point of a bulging milk-filled belly
-her graceful little startle reflex, and the stretching of her arms and back after being curled up for awhile
-little wrinkles of skin on her neck and pretty little lips
-her cute little round nose and soft shallow breathing from teeny lungs
-short skinny arms that barely reach the top of her head
-sighing from sheer joy over this cherished God-given blessing
4 comments:
Those pictures are so sweet! I'm so happy your wee little lady is such a joy. Sometimes I wonder--is it the baby or the mama (who is now well-experienced and more relaxed) that makes that "last" baby just the best-baby-in-the-world? Wishing you a summer just to savor all those special firsts.
Oh, Anna, Jada is an absolute DOLLIE! No wonder you're all head over heels!!! :) I remember the *same* thing with my little guys when Nathan arrived. They wanted to love him so much but sometimes their love was a bit rough.
*sigh* ♥☺
Ditto what Kris said. :-)
Post a Comment