Since it's Friday night, and since I have a wildly important recreational agenda I am home sitting at the computer, I was in the mood to make a permanent record of the silly things my curly kid has recently shared. He'll often delve into a line of reasoning meant for the imaginary world....such as his "What if our house was filled with broccoli? --then we could just go munch-munch-munch and not use our hands!" ....or his hypothetical "What if the whole world was filled up with Calvins, and my Sunday school class had only Calvins in it?"
Whew--did your blood pressure spike just thinking about that?
He recently asked me (in a serious manner) why I don't "do work." I assumed he was asking why I don't have a job outside the home--but no--he clarified the brutal question: "Why don't you do work? You just ask us to do work." After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I made known to him (in an overwhelmingly patient and calm manner *ahem*) the things that I do take care of around the house. He also made me smile when he told me (several times) about the poisonous fly in the basement. (It was definitely poisonous because some poisonous creatures are brightly colored...therefore, all creatures with color on them are poisonous.) But--thankfully--this dangerous and extremely rare poisonous housefly was dead. We dodged a bullet there.
| These clothespin accessories might have been handy when Calvin said, "Hey Jude--smell my feet." |
I guess that's what you call dancing till it hurts.
2 comments:
Those Jacobsen genes are really manifesting themselves.... :)
Thanks for the chuckles--a room full of Calvin's (HA!) and envisioning his dancing performance made me laugh out loud. ;o) How thankful I am for unique children, all so individual, to put a little spunk in our lives! I'm sure he'll be great fun for his kindergarten class come fall . . . ;o)
Post a Comment